Fake Ruble

8 posts
I have a Counterfeit/Modern Fake 1741 Russian Empire Ruble. I would like to verify if anyone else has a the same or similar coin. 40.7mm x 2.68mm, 27g Non Magnetic Metal, no lettering on edge, just some uniform markings.
Hello,

Sorry, but I can't understand what exactly do you want to verify. the Ruble is fake, you are correct.
Medieval sets for swap:https://en.numista.com/forum/topic140941.html

My personal list of scammers from Numista: erniemix, yvain, CassTaylor
Yes it is fake, as you said.
It is a nice fake/replica!
I do not have one, so I can not help you
If you ever want to get rid of it...
Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften
I think his question is a bit more academic and requires a more fuller explanation than "its a fake". The issue is whether its a contemporary counterfeit or a modern fake coin that was issued to fool collectors. If it is a the latter, then the question becomes where did it originate and are there similar ones out there pointing to a workshop. I don't have the answers to these questions though. Might be difficult to answer without a thorough investigation.
A gallery of my coins and artifacts can been seen on FORVM Ancient Coins
Yes indeed.
Perhaps some silvertest might help to solve this riddle
http://www.silvercoins.com/fake-silver-coins-14-ways-to-spot-counterfeits/
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften
Modern fake.
No way it is contemporary.
I collect anything: If it's Italian or Italian states i collect it even more!
Quote: "loruca"​Modern fake.
​No way it is contemporary.
​Yes indeed.
Do I see some brass shining below the MMD ?
I have one, although the date is gone- only a ‘1’ is visible. It is of Catherine the Great. The weight is off considerably, and it has what appears to be brass showing through. Mine has overall a great deal of wear (much more than the one of the original thread post), so am wondering if mine is actually a contemporary counterfeit. If a grade could be assigned to the one i have, i would say it would be ‘good’, at most. Can’t post any pictures of it right now, but hopefully can within next week or so. (I purchased mine as an unoriginal coin).

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 17:02.