United States - So-called Dollars

4 posts
Hello,

All our So-Called Dollars should move from Tokens to Exonumia Medals.
Also several of these have included value of (1) as 1 Dollar, the name So-Called Dollar however was only given due to their size being rougly the same as a 1 Dollar coin in that time. They are however quite simply medals.

Still to list them together I suggest moving them under
** Exonumia ** - Medals - United States (So-Called Dollars)

see here for more information
http://www.so-calleddollar.com/about-so-called-dollars/
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Hello.
I completely agree, but this should be done when we decide what the category of non-payment tokens will look like in the Exonumia section (for each country). Someday I hope all non-payment tokens will move to the Exonumia section. But no one wants to do the work twice.

I suggest that “So-Called Dollars” receive their own category under Exonumia. The HK system and reference is well-established. Noted So-Called Dollar experts Jeff Shevlin and Bill Hyder have been producing new references such as “So-Called Dollars, Volume 1: United States Expositions" and “So-Called Dollars from the Pacific Coast Expositions” plus they've appeared in the Mega Red Book, 7th edition, 2021.

So-Called Dollars is a popular search term and I believe would encourage entry and cataloging more of these into Numista.

Don't be a dinosaur walking toward the tar pit. Onward!

Having a specific category for “so-called dollars” would need to apply to other countries as well. Personally I think having the reference + a mention of “so-called dollar" in the comments/title should suffice

Kenny

- Verifying your Asian and British-territorial coins everyday with the best quality photos and the best information.

Check out my Facebook, Kenneth Gucyski.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 13:11.