German Post changes

10 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Hi guys,
Probably the collectors from Germany have already noticed this:
From 1.1.2019 only documents in letters can be sent abroad. For the dispatch of goods business customers can use the goods post internationally, private customers can use the products of DHL Paket. More information can be found in our FAQs.
Which means that a package without a tracking number is 16 euros and with one is 46. Any ideas on a workaround?
Good to know,thanks for the information!
I have a huge package to receive from Germany,which was sent with Hermes courier...may it be a good alternative?
Over here someone suggested using "technical drawings" for the customs declaration form:
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic77637.html

If they count as "documents", perhaps that might be a workaround?
The national post changes were caused by changes of UPU-treaty. But I've no idea how Deutsche Post AG is able to find out if my letter contains coins (now forbidden, because no "document") or not. :°

http://www.upu.int/en/activities/integrated-product-plan/principles.html
So I just found out about this on Monday (was away from swapping for half a year).
Since I'd already received the shipment from my swap partner I just told them the little air-cushion envelope contained 'documents'.
Well now it's been a couple of days and I worry they just 'lost' it due to this new rules.
Any experiences with this by now? Do they return the letters to the sender, do they get 'lost' or do they actually still go through?
That was quite a shock when I found out.
in March I sent out 5 bubble wrapped envelopes in foreign countries as document sending but all had reached their destinations.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
My last envelope with coins to Spain was refused at two post offices. Had to send it as an expensive parcel instead.
Quote: "Ronald70"​My last envelope with coins to Spain was refused at two post offices. Had to send it as an expensive parcel instead.
​I was also refused at post office but the solution for me was to print the postal mark myself (Online Frankierung) and then simply throw it in at the postal office.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
For me bubble wrapped envelopes worked so far but once the post office employee looked quite suspicious when I gave him 300g envelope marked as documents.
Can you print the Frankierung for a non-German shipment as well?
Quote: "apuking"
Quote: "Ronald70"​My last envelope with coins to Spain was refused at two post offices. Had to send it as an expensive parcel instead.
​​I was also refused at post office but the solution for me was to print the postal mark myself (Online Frankierung) and then simply throw it in at the postal office.
​Yes, this works when the later is sent unregistered.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 16:12.