New Engraver to add - Georg Wilhelm Vestner [solved]

3 posts

This message aims at: requesting the creation or the modification of an engraver or a designer

Upvotes: 1
Downvotes: 0
Hello,

Please new Engraver

Georg Wilhelm Vestner

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Wilhelm_Vestner

Thank you,

Paul
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Status changed to Started (pejounet, 24-Jan-2019, 23:43)
Same, any French/English link?
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Is this sufficient?

http://www.historicalartmedals.com/MEDAL%20WEB%20ENTRIES/BIOSKETCHES%20AND%20OTHER%20TEXT/GERMANY/german_medallists.htm

Vestner, Georg Wilhelm: Georg Wilhelm Vestner (1677-1740) was born at Schweinfurth and died at Nuremberg where he worked as a medallist from about 1705 until his death. He was first apprenticed to a metal worker and later learned die engraving with the medallist Suhl. In 1701 he was in the employ of the Bishop of Chur. Later he moved to Berlin the then to Weimar, until finally he settled down at Nuremberg in 1705. In 1720 he was appointed Engraver to the Episcopal See of Wurzburg, and in 1732 he was made Court medallist to the Elector of Bavaria. During this period he produced several hundred medals, including medals related to English and Swedish history. Like Georg Hautsch, he signed many of his medals with his private mark of a star.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Status changed to Done (pejounet, 1-Feb-2019, 01:38)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:12.