Help needed to ID coin and KM number of Afghanistan Rupee (the last one finally)

5 posts
Hello,

Finally I have come to the last Afghan silver Rupee that I could not yet ID.

Who can tell me which Coin and KM catalogue number I have here?

Metal: Silver
Diameter: 22mm
Weight: 9.13g

Thank you,

Paul
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces85354.html

1 Rupee Sher Ali ,date seems 1280
Thank you, are you sure its the same coin, i feel I can see a few small differences.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Yes, I believe this is the same coin. Remember, the placement of the dies on the flan can differ (as they do here), and different hand-carved dies can be used for the same series of coins. I also agree with the 1280 date.
Thanks guys, Im aware that often not all of the coin can fit on the flan so often you only see a portion of the full design, yet I thought I see some differences but hard to tell not being able to read what is written on the coin.
It might have been minted with a slightly different die.

having the two of you however confirm it, I believe you two with the ID.

thank you,

Paul

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 10:31.