Sasanian coins or cheap reproductions?

5 posts
Hello again, guys!

I purchased these two coins from ebay, they were not expensive but they were not dirt cheap either. However, I thought that, given the conditions as much as I could see in the pictures, the price was fair. I don't know much about these coins, but I was hoping to learn about them.
They arrived today, but to be honest they don't look genuine to me. They are quite large and don't sound like silver. So unless the silver content was pretty low in these coins, I suspect they are reproductions.

What do you think? Also, any help in identifying them will be appreciated.

1. 31-32.9mm; 4.05g

2.30.05-32mm; 4.08g
I have no great knowledge of Sassanian Empire coins but from the pictures they look good.
they often seem to sell at not too expensive prices
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Quote: "apuking"​I have no great knowledge of Sassanian Empire coins but from the pictures they look good.
​they often seem to sell at not too expensive prices
​Indeed!
They look ok
Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften
Quote: "PetrusAscanus"
Quote: "apuking"​I have no great knowledge of Sassanian Empire coins but from the pictures they look good.
​​they often seem to sell at not too expensive prices
​​Indeed!
​They look ok
​Do you have any idea how to identify them? I would like to add these to my collection, but I don't know what they are exactly. Thanks a lot for your input.
perhaps here?
http://www.beastcoins.com/Byzantine/Byzantine.htm
Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 14:18.