Swap with Brazil

9 posts

» Quick access to the last post

There was a problem with Brazilian postoffice. Is it now to do a swap with Brazil?
Looking for more countries. Open for Swaps.
Could you be more specific?

I've just did 2 swaps, Belgium and turkey, with no problems.
Lets adopt the KISS philosophy, "Keep It Simple Sucker"
Quote: "Sim420"​There was a problem with Brazilian postoffice. Is it now to do a swap with Brazil?
​I made a swap with someone in Brazil about two years ago and she said that Brazil is not allowing coins in or out of Brazil anymore. She was able to send her coins to me but I could not send my coins to her. Luckily for me she had a sister in California and I was able to send her coins there. All the coins she sent had to be photographed and her I.D. had to be documented. It has something to do with the antiquities department of Brazil.
William
Last year there was a problem mailing to and from Brazil. I have had 2 request for swaps from Brazil and wanted to know if the problems have been resolved and the swaps can now go thru.
Looking for more countries. Open for Swaps.
Well, I had a swap with someone from Brazil and it went fine.
( Except I didn't swap for coins )
I first exchanged coins with Brazilian collectors, but now we believe there are restrictions and many facts are not exchanged anymore.
Certain problems exist
Since last year, we in Brazil have to get permission from the heritage's agency, IPHAN, before sending coins abroad.

Before that, it was a lottery to get the package accepted by the post office, nowadays it's easier.

None of my international swaps failed since I always presented the authorization form from IPHAN.
Lets adopt the KISS philosophy, "Keep It Simple Sucker"
In the past (till 2018) I did had very good swaps with our Brazilian friends. Common letters did work fine.
Afterwards I heard that the customs in Brazil, due to internal rules from the heritage agency, did make it almost impossible to swap. Since than I didn't swap with Brazilian members anymore.

The IPHAN form may work for the Brazilian customs, but lots of countries world wide simply don't allow the swap/trade of coins without paying an import fee.
In other words, may I get a letter with a form description of the content than the customs do have a great day. :)
Cents are money too!
I had a swap with Brazil in the last month with no issues. Package took about 3 weeks to Canada which is not unusual, even from Europe. As I understand it is more cumbersome for the Brazilian sender, as they do have to comply with IPHAN's regulations.
Coin enthusiast, always learning
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 5-Sep-2019, 05:57)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 10:35.