5 posts
Hello,

can someone help me ID this arabic coin with a date of 1210

Metal: Silver with a dark patina
Weight: 2.06g
Diameter: 20.2mm

Thank you,

Paul
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Hello Paul,

this one looks like a Dirham from Morocco (around 1790).

Best Regards,
Michael
Excellent that is it.
Morocco Dirham

C108 but many different ones for the different mints.

Anyone who can read which mint it is?

Thank you,

Paul
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
This is a fascinating coin. The ruler of Morocco was Sulayman, 1206-1238 / 1792-1822. However, there was a pretender to the throne, Hisam, until 1211. He controlled three mints, including the one on this coin: Asfi (اسفي). Your coin is dated 1210 (1795/6) with Asfi on the obverse side. As stated, it is a silver dirham.

References: KM #86.5
Corpus des Monnaies Alawites vol. II p973 #722
Status changed to Solved (apuking, 9-Jun-2019, 08:21)
Wow excellent, thank you so much for the ID and the very detailed information regarding this piece and its history.

Best regards,

Paul

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 20:51.