Who recognizes this coin?

8 posts
My father, who died early 1989, had a container with old valuable coins. I have been able to identify all the coins, with the exception of one.

Although the coin is not equal to, it does have some similarities with a Denar, Heinrich IV der Heilige according to: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces109718.html

Does anyone have an idea what the currency is? Issuing country (or city), global dating and if possible global value?

With regards and thanks in advance.

Welcome to Numista!

The mint luster, lack of wear, patina, or soil, and regularity (roundness and apparent consistent thickness) of this copper coin indicate that it's a modern copy. It does seem similar in design to the silver hand-hammered coin you cite from 1000 years ago.
Also, alnost any such old coin would be silver, so even metal gives it off. Modern copy :)
Catalogue administrator
Looks like a modern reproduction of an English medieval coin.
What? Me Worry
Thank you for your contributions, sharing your knowledge.

Have a pleasant day.
Probably a museum souvenir.

It is a reproduction of a Silver Denar from Regensburg Heinrich II.
https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=1287115
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and your posts.

It is clear to me that the coin is a duplicate and that it is identical to the Silver Denar from Regenburg, Heinrich II.

Even a duplicate coin of Heinrich II makes sense to me. My fathers first name was Henricus (Dutch for Heinrich and Henry) like many boys in this area those days. A Catholic name that is connected with Heinrich II. It is all clear to me.

Again, many thanks and best wishes for all.
Ditbenjij : Welcome to Numista!
Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 07:45.