5 Rand 2018 [solved]

10 posts

This message aims at: requesting the modification of a coin in the catalogue

Upvotes: 1
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

Same as KM#492. Just got it.

Please upload picture of other side. It could be this one: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces144626.html.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Come on guys, i got the coin in my hands, and i'm telling you that is the same as KM#492, so why uploading the other side? Will not confirm anything. All 5 Rand coins got the same obverse. I got the Mandela coin in my collection as well, 2018, same language. But this one is the normal circulation coin, dated 2018.
Well, all South Africa 5 Rands I see in catalogue were one year issues. This would mean that South Africa is restarting the series? That is why the caution.
Catalogue administrator
I was in South Africa yesterday, i got the coin in my hands.

Status changed to Accepted (Jarcek, 4-Aug-2019, 20:35)
Requested referee to have a look, year list is locked on that page, so he will have to unlock it and add new line. <:D Thank you!
Catalogue administrator
Status changed to Started (Jarcek, 4-Aug-2019, 20:42)
Quote: "zimpeto"​Come on guys, i got the coin in my hands, and i'm telling you that is the same as KM#492, so why uploading the other side? Will not confirm anything. All 5 Rand coins got the same obverse. I got the Mandela coin in my collection as well, 2018, same language. But this one is the normal circulation coin, dated 2018.
Because it is common practice to post both sides of a coin when uploading pictures. If you just show the obverse, there is no evidence the coin you require modification for is actually the same coin...pictures you posted afterwards prove it.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
The extra year has been added.

Philip
Ex-South African now living in Germany
Status changed to Done (Jarcek, 5-Aug-2019, 09:39)
Zimpeto

Your pictures are of a better quality, so please upload them onto the page.

Thanks
Philip
Ex-South African now living in Germany
Are both years the same type? The lettering is quite different ...

just a thought
Just call me Bram

Oh! And do read my profile page before you open a swap ...

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 14:02.