Missing coins in UK that clearly exist in Numista catalog

6 posts
Dear colleagues, I have noticed that I can't find anywhere 50p coin Battle of Britain 2015 (new portrait) when I look in coins of United Kingdom, while I have this coin in my collection here on Numista, so it probably must have disappeared somehow. Can you check if everything is OK with UK coins in the catalog and if so, why can't I see it? I have even tried showing everything, if it's not marked (wrongly) as token or pattern but it didn't help and it's nowhere to be found. For this purpose, I also suggest an improvement - it'd be great to have something like "show this coin in catalog" option (similarly like "show this file in folder" on Windows), so one can get straight to the place where the coins is and see the other ones from the same period and country (without having to search for them). That way, I'd be able to find out, where this coin disappeared, as it's still in my collection here, so it must be somewhere.
P. S. I haven't checked everything, so it might be affecting some other coins as well.
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces85177.html This one?

I just typed 2015 into search within United Kingdom. Maybe you had sorted your search by reference? Because this one does not have KM, so it would be sorted "weirdly" and not in place you might expected.
Catalogue administrator
Quote: "Jarcek"https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces85177.html This one?

​I just typed 2015 into search within United Kingdom. Maybe you had sorted your search by reference? Because this one does not have KM, so it would be sorted "weirdly" and not in place you might expected.
​Thank you for your answer.
I indeed mean this one. I do not sort by reference but by face value. I have tried the same (to type "2015" within UK) and I haven't found it either. Why could that be?
Well, its type was set to unknown, maybe you are searching just for circulating and circulating commemoratives for example?

I requested the change already.
Catalogue administrator
Quote: "Jarcek"​Well, its type was set to unknown, maybe you are searching just for circulating and circulating commemoratives for example?

​I requested the change already.
​Yes, clearly, while I have clicked on all, it was still set to my older selection, which excluded tokens and patterns, so this might have been missing therefore. Now I can find it. I guess I'll keep "all" for now to avoid these issues.
I believe the reason the coin 'type' was set to unknown is because the 2015 issue circulated but the 2019 didn't. However, on reflection, since the original issue was struck for circulation then that is what should decide the type.
Just because you can't see it ... doesn't mean it isn't there - Anon.

Coin catalogue referee for England, United Kingdom & pre-Union South Africa.
Banknote catalogue referee for England & United Kingdom.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:11.