Unknown 29mm coin or token [solved]

5 posts
Hello,

And my last unidentified coin or token for now. It is pretry large, 29mm.

On one side you can see a lion (probably) attacking another animal. Underneath is a line with a year 1578 or 1678.

The other side is almost unreadable except a part of the text. IV. SOLVS

I don't think it is in the catalog. Anyone have an idea?

Gr. Michael
Special interest in Coins from the Low countries (Feudal-present). Former numista referee for Low Countries Feudal, Burgundian Netherlands, Spanish Netherlands, Dutch Republic, Netherlands and Netherlands East Indies.
found it https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=3474703
https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=4202839
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Thanks Apuking! You are fast.:)
Special interest in Coins from the Low countries (Feudal-present). Former numista referee for Low Countries Feudal, Burgundian Netherlands, Spanish Netherlands, Dutch Republic, Netherlands and Netherlands East Indies.
No problem, I recognized a boar and a lion so searched for that under past auctions, I saw there are tons of antique coins with boar and lion but luckily could find this one quickly.

Could be added under Tokens * - Dutch Republic - Tokens maybe using the pictures from Jean Elsen as its an approved picture source.
It would also become the oldest Token in this category.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Thanks! I will add the coin!
Status changed to Solved (Michaelw90, 26-Aug-2019, 22:44)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 23:10.