Help with specifics about this coin ca 1950 gold sikh temple token [solved]

11 posts • viewed 154 times

» Quick access to the last post

I just acquired a sikh temple token made of gold and I have done some research on it but I don't know what RCCD stands for. I know it has guru nanak, Mardana, and Bala on the observe. On the reverse is the mool mantra but that is all I know about the coin. Any information would be great help.

Still looking for what RCCD means, but yes you are right - the rest is ...

Sikh: Temple Token, ca. 1950s,
Obverse: Guru Nanak seated under a tree,
Mardana to left, playing a rebab,
Bala Sindhu to right, holding fly whisk
Reverse: Gurmukhi text within wreath.

Sikh Empire: Probably late 19th to early 20th century
Obverse: Guru Nanak with Mardana and Bala in the shade of a tree
Reverse: First verse of the Guru Granth Sahib

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_Granth_Sahib
Also, this I made looks like it is similar lettering ...

Quote: "ZacUK"​ Also, this I made looks like it is similar lettering ...

​wow!! what an effort, its great to see that how good research you have done to identify scripts,knowing that you are not familiar with gurumukhi
coin collector.....
Thanks - can you read it, was it correct, and was that third image translation correct?
Quote: "ZacUK"​ Thanks - can you read it, was it correct, and was that third image translation correct?
​Yes I can read it ,you found it correct. But the English translation is not at all correct .
its ...
" Ek ong kaar sat nam karṯa purakh nirbẖa­o nirvair akal murat ajuni saibhang gur parsaad.
jap aad sach jugad sach Nanak Hosee Bhee Sach "

Approximate Translation in English ,I am not such wise to translate it to its essence and true meaning ..
Ek ong kaar : God is One, I am One with all beings
Sat Nam : Truth is God’s Name… The vibration of God’s Name is what created all beings…. that vibration is within me…. therefore in my core I am true.
Karta Purkh : God is the Doer
Nirbhao : God is fearless
Nirvair : God has no revenge
Akal Murat : God exists in the undying form… God is in the purity of our efforts to live in a spiritual way, and these efforts never die… these efforts live on forever.
Adjoonee : God is unborn…. God does not relate to birth and death…. God is beyond the cycles of life…. God is infinite…
Saibhang : God is self illumined..
Guru Prasaad : It is by Guru’s Grace…. it is the Grace of the teachings of the Divine One
Jap : Meditate!
Aad Sach : True in the Beginning
Jugaad Sach : True throughout the ages
Haibhee Sach : True here and now
Nanak Hosee Bhee Sach : Oh Nanak, forever and always true. Spirit, Truth, Love, and Light…. these are the things that are true, that have always been true.

Language: Gurmukhi
Source: Siri Guru Granth Sahib

For more detail explanation you can visit :
https://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Mool_Mantar
coin collector.....
That's what I thought - it did not seem correct to put that on a token.
Will see if I can find something better. Thanks :)
Still also not sure what RCCD means, and maybe it is the company that made the token,
and nothing to do with the other lettering on that side.
Quote: "ZacUK"​ Still also not sure what RCCD means, and maybe it is the company that made the token,
​and nothing to do with the other lettering on that side.
​I don't think it would be easy to identify this RCCD ,it may be the manufacturer, or someones short name etc .
coin collector.....
Thank you so much for the replies guys! It has been really helpful especially the identification and translation of the reverse. Can you tell me what the front Punjabi line means with the TRADEMARK portion?
Status changed to Solved (Justin12Singh, 28-Dec-2019, 05:08)
ਗੁਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਜੀ
Gur Nānak ji
coin collector.....

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 18:06.