Additions to your collection - January 2020

59 posts • viewed 1540 times

» Quick access to the last post

Happy new year to everyone!

:wiz:

Let's hope that 2020 will bring us many great new additions to our collections.

​​​I got back home from Estonia yesterday and today I received these two Portuguese banknotes in the mail:

The one on the left is a 5$000 réis note printed and put into circulation in 1805 and the on the left is 10$000 réis printed in 1799 and first put into circulation in 1800.
​​​​​​They're both counterstamped in 1828 during the Portuguese civil war to be re-issued by king Miguel.

On the back of the 10$000 réis note there are dated stamps from each year when the note was stamped for whatever reason, maybe they stamped these every time they went through a bank?

The 5$000 has no such stamps but on the obverse it has one stamp dated 1805.

​​​​
Here's some music for your enjoyment, you're welcome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_mrNy_x0vk
--------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=oUhQx3Hx7Nk&feature=emb_title
--------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO_VEv1wFio
They are nice. :)
January*
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "ngdawa"​January*
​Thanks, didn't notice that.
--------
--------
Quote: "CalvinV"
Quote: "ngdawa"​January*
​​Thanks, didn't notice that.
​No worries mate :)
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
I thought i was going to be able to open this new year the first new additions thread... nani!

Nonetheless, here go my firsts additions of this year:

Some silver:

Some Lire from the Vatican

A little mix of 11 coins for 11€. 2 of thoose coins were my major objetive of this loot (despite i had none of them, or at least thoose years).... nothing special but guess which ones ;D

The last one, a Token from Belgium that its not (by now) in Numista (i will add it later, i need to do the photos with the Reflex and macro lenses). Its not in good shape, actually it should be silver color but in hands its mostly black (actual silver color in the photos bellow its because the light).

I know i said "silver" a few times for this last one but i know its not made in silver :D

Need to do also a Post in Numismatic questions section because it has a big point of material under the U of BRUXELLES (want to know why because it shouldnt be) and also it has not a perfect coin alignement... but tall this is another story

Hope to read a lot of you in this section as always. Happy and Healthy new year.
Se queres ca muller che queira, ten diñeiro na carteira
Happy new year to everyone !
My first coin for this year is my first pre-Bernadotte swedish silver coin:
2 Mark 1671 - King Charles XI
Byzantine Empire: Andronicus II Palaeologus and Michael IX (1295-1320) AR Basilikon, Constantinople (Sear 2402; DOV V.523)

Obv: KVPIЄ-BOHΘЄI; Christ enthroned facing on backless throne, wearing nimbus cruciger, pallium and colobium, right hand raised in benediction, book of Gospels in left; IC-XC across fields; small dot below each elbow of Christ
Rev: AVTKPATO-PЄC POMAION; Andronicus II and Michael IX, each standing facing, wearing crown, saccos and loros, both holding labarum between them with circle on shaft below banner

A gallery of my coins and artifacts can been seen on FORVM Ancient Coins
Bought an amazing bulk lot today from my local dealer (you heard me, NSA)

Full state quarter proof mint set of the year 2000, got these for slightly above face value.

Some American proof silver dollar commems and a year 1992 mint proof set.

Some silver coins.

This Canadian 50c seems to be either proof or prooflike, it's covered in some muck so it might turn out amazing after bathing in some acetone.

Some Estonian and Finnish banknotes.

​​​​​

Some dusty old finnish pennies.

They're all very dusty and seemed low grade until I took them out of the pockets and inspected them more closely...

Very dusty indeed.

Turns ou, they're all high grade and have luster. :8D
​​​​​​The seller didn't bother checking them and sold them as common junk.

Guess I will be spending my weekend cleaning these. :°

Got an unsearched bag containing more than a kilogram of old Finnish pre-independence copper coins, they seem to be in a surprisingly good condition and I haven't spotted any cleaned or polished ones so far.

There are some high grade specimens too.

This was probably the best bulk lot I've bought so far, hopefully I will find something rare among these coins. :D

Edit: 125 coins in total, mostly Nikolai II.

--------
--------
A very handsome Mexican republic 8 reale

I try not to collect stamps but an older fellow I visit gave me a big collection recently, among them a bunch of these from pre-soviet Georgia, printed in France in 1919 for the fledgling first republic.

Quite a beautiful design, I have four or five different denominations I think.
also, I learned a new word - imperforate , as sheets of stamps that never had perforations and had to be cut with scissors.
Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac
CalvinV and everyone else nice stuff.

I too may have been first as I bought several coins after Christmas, but thanks to a slow postal service, heaps of public holidays (NZ is on go slow through January) and parcel tag (I keep missing parcels and having to wait several days for redelivery) I am emptied handed so far.

All the following I have paid for and are expecting

GB - 1935 Silver Jubilee Crown, AU
Egypt - 10 Piastres Silver 1917 - gFine (Got it at melt value)
South Africa - Silver 50 cents (Crown sized) - 1964 UNC
British West Africa - 1946 2 shillings brass EF/AU
NZ 1942 Half crown - gVF
UK 1915 Half Crown - gVF
Handful of Danish change - including 20 Kroner coin
Some British alphabet 10ps.

Will take photos when they arrive 8~
I love coins
Quote: "Mr. Midnight"​I try not to collect stamps but an older fellow I visit gave me a big collection recently, among them a bunch of these from pre-soviet Georgia, printed in France in 1919 for the fledgling first republic.

​i don't collect stamps, but this 10 kopeiki (kopeks) is a real beauty! :wiz:
here are the stamps I have from pre-soviet Georgia

and some from Armenia, from before and during Soviet times.

and some other interesting things.
by the way :)

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces167344.html
I got a real beauty - Georgian coin of Giorgi III dated 1174 . This is the first dated Georgian coin.

Wow! Incredible piece

Meanwhile, my coins are finally beginning to emerge. First came the common Danish stuff (Any Dane will appreciate my usage of Jante there)

Basically for $5.95 I got a set of Danish coins with a Aluminium 5 ore of Christian X (1941 - German Occupation era), a series of coins 1 Ore to 1 Krone for Frederick IX including the Zinc 1 and 2 ore (As I already have a 5 Krone, this makes me feel kind of hygge, but I need an aluminium bronze 2 Krone of his reign)

The Margarethe II set includes a nice early 20 Kroner (Face value $4.50 and pretty much worth the price of all the others) and 1 and 2 Kroner along with a 50 ore and a now obselete 25 ore.

This comes with my latest obsession with all things Danish - I saw a Danish design exhibit at our art gallery full of Royal Dansk, Royal Copenhagen. There was also a lot of chairs and furniture designed by Arne Jacobsen and Kaare Klint.

These photos I got before I was told photos were not allowed.

And since we are all showing stamps now - this comprehensive collection of Danish stamps I bought.

Just some of the 1200 stamps I got for $130. The 5 Kroner post office is quite rare.
I love coins
The second package returned for the 2nd time today with 4 of my better coins

Top row - 1946 British West Africa 2 shillings EF, South African 50 cent silver (Crown size) UNC
Bottom - GB Crown 1935 (EF/AU) and a nice worn Egyptian 10 Piastres (Still Fine+)

These cost me only $80 postpaid and they are welcome additions to my colelction. The Egyptian coin I think is 80 or 90% silver and the crowns (South African early 50 cent pieces were struck on old crown blanks) are 50%.

The brass coin is a seldom seen one and comes from a hard to get part of the world (Struck in London for Nigeria, Gold Coast, Sierra Leone and Gambia).
I love coins
Got 3 lovely couples for my collection:
German emperor Friedrich and bis wife Victoria (daughter of british Queen Victoria). This couple seems to be quite rarely depicted on medals:

My third King George VI coronation medal showing him together with his wife Elizabeth. The damage on the medal was infact a little blessing cause it made the medal fit right into the tableau next to its family:

Medal celebrating the 2nd marriage of Emperor Napoleon. Louise of austria would bear his only son. Sadly one of the pre-owners seemed to have not liked Napoleons perfect face:
Nice medals. I though I had that second one,
but mine has a different obverse ...

Nice one, they possibly used the same die. I have seen the obverses repeat quite often on those George VI coronation medals but not the reverse yet.
Quote: "Dato Mikeladze"​I got a real beauty - Georgian coin of Giorgi III dated 1174 . This is the first dated Georgian coin.

​An interesting and nice coin. I've never saw it before. This one seems in pretty good condition.
My final two coins arrived, not by courier post thank goodness.

GB 1915 Halfcrown in gVF condition (A stunner really, with only light wear on high points and George's cheek)

NZ 1942 Halfcrown VF - definitely more worn than most of my halfcrowns, but a steal at the price ($18) and still a pleasing coin with a nice reverse.

Have definitely decided Halfcrowns will be my focus, a nice large coin and so many to collect, although most global silver will always pique my interest.

For non BC people, a Halfcrown was the size and weight of a 50c USA piece (Actually slightly bigger) and just a teeny bit smaller than a German 3 Mark coin of the pre 1918 period.
I love coins

Bought a stack of unidentified super rare banknotes of the Roman empire at an auction, paid about £11250.

I'm willing to swap one of these beauties for a few big old gold coins or Russian platinum roubles, only serious inquiries please.

​​​
--------
--------
Or better yet how about some new generation Monopoly money from my 3 year old set.

It starts at the 10,000s and goes to $5 million. You will win at an exchange rate of 100 to 1.

I love coins
New coins arrived today for me... here goes a little mix:

The newest gems for my royal collection:
Danish wedding anniversary comemorative - 5 Kroner 1960 - King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid of Sweden:

Prussian Thaler from 1855. Damaged obverse but the reverse is in awesome condition:

5 Shillings 1951 - Not really a rare coin but still my first example of this masterpiece.

Coronation medal - King Charles X of France (1825):

German medal featuring the dethroned crown prince of bavaria who still was quite popular at that time:
Status changed to Solved (CalvinV, 13-Jan-2020, 18:13)
Status changed to Opened (CalvinV, 13-Jan-2020, 18:13)

(Not my photos)
I nice upgrade to my 1926 shilling
Did my weekly trip yto Estonia today and picked up a few additions from a friemd of my who owns a coin shop there.
​​​
On top of that I got invited to some numismatic events aling with my friend to share a table this sunday in Tallinn.

Soviet 100 rouble banknotes of the -61 series are ridicilously hard to find in Finland for some reason so I bought a whole lot of them, below them is a Swedish 1 kronor note from 1874.

On the left there are some French banknotes.

Some regional Russian civil war currency.

And some misc. world banknotes, I got the Gibraltar note for a euro which was a good deal considering the fact that it's still circulating and worth about 6€.
​​​​

Livonian and Polish-Lithuanian coins, 17th century.

Those two arabic looking coins are of Golden Horde yet to be identified.
--------
--------
Quote: "Choucas"
Quote: "Dato Mikeladze"​I got a real beauty - Georgian coin of Giorgi III dated 1174 . This is the first dated Georgian coin.
​​
​​
​​An interesting and nice coin. I've never saw it before. This one seems in pretty good condition.
​yes, it is too rare coin, and condition is excellent. thank You very much !
D
Georgian-Hulaguid silver dirhem, in the name of Arghun ( on Mongol) and Ghazan ( on Arabic)

Georgian Kingdom, Queen Tamar, irregular copper AD 1184

Georgia, David VII , about AD 1240

Ilkhan dirhem, bird type ( AH 668)
Bought this incredibly worn William IV Halfcrown from 1834

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces12808.html

Yes its really worn (Probably Fair 2 rather than Poor 1 as you can see partial outline of shield, some lettering including date and William is a complete silhouette with some eye and mouth detail (Might even be AG 3)

But it was cheap ($10, barely over melt - the coin has 12 grams of silver in it) It has a rarity of 40 and seriously, these coins are not often seen, really nice ones (VF/EF) are in the high hundreds. Even Halfcrowns of George III/IV are more common and $20 would get you a VG Victoria Halfcrown from most 1840s and 1870s/1880s dates.

If this coin was fine, it would be over $100.

Another reason I bought it too, is its history here. New Zealand was only settled after 1840 and until 1933 we used British coins (Well Australian ones too after 1910), there is a good chance this coin was used here for years. Very few coins were shipped officially into NZ from the UK and many came in the pockets of sailors and immigrants, age meant nothing - coins going back to 1816 circulated openly here through to the 1930s.

This coin could have come here in say 1840/50 and could have been used well into the 1900s.

Historic and a nice contrast to my fine pieces (I have 2 more stunners coming next week, another EF Kiwi halfcrown and a 1929 UK one in EF too).
I love coins

Got this in a Numista swap.
A few nice additions this week but i am out of time due to different exams that i am having this days...

I leave you my most liked addition of this week so far. 20 Pfennig (A) from 1888 (https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces15608.html)

And may you give me the chance to do a little offtopic. I fall in love with this kind of medal :love:

A half dozen additions this evening, highlights to a tiny Roman, a French commemorative, an old French liard and a liard from Liège that is not yet on Numista (I've just submitted it).
My friend in the UK sent some of the change coins everyone is going nuts over apparently.
I do like them though and appreciate the effort he went to getting them (He's 82)

Paddington bear 50p's uncirculated - both 2018 and 2019 coins

(A, K, O, X and Z)

5 of the Great British coin hunt 10ps - (That is how many he got in change over a year! - then again he lives in County Durham and admits he may have bought the Paddingtons in Newcastle on Tyne at face value). The 10ps are from his change.

Obverses, 2 of the Alphabets are scarce 2018 dates.
I love coins
Bought this baby yesterday - haven't got it yet, but it gives some oomph to my Halfcrown collection and says I have arrived.

Always start a new collection with a stunning piece. It would be so easy to start with a 1967 UK or 1965 NZ Halfcrown - but this is better

England - Charles II Halfcrown 1670 - 3rd bust "Vicesimo secundo" 22nd year of reign - these coins counted his reigh from the death of Charles I in 1649, not his coronation in May 1660 - thus eliminating the period of the Commonwealth led by Oliver and Richard Cromwell between 1649 and 1660.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces12861.html

At 89 may be my rarest on the Numista so far.

The coin is described as good Fine, more detail than a Fine coin and less than VF, good tone and almost no damage. I suspect a historic attempt at cleaning (Probably 19th century)

This year is a significant one for it as it will be 350 years old this year.

A magnificent coin for me and the best one I own so far (Cost was mid hundreds) - I have always loved the earliest milled coins of England and this historic piece evokes, Nell Gwyn, Coffee, Big wigs and Old Rowley himself.
I love coins
I finally got an example of this nice prussian comemorative this week:

Also I got the following two papal tokens. The Pius X one filled a gap in my collection of popes so now I have one coin or medal to every pope since 1846:

At last 2 common british crowns and 2 british crownsized medals:
This just seems to be my month - January

A set of Hungarian current coins from the 5 Forint to 200 Forint - the top are nice bimetallic coins and average condition of all sans the 20, is AU - UNC. Cheap and interesting. I noticed in Europe especially in Austria and Germany, people would try and pass the 100 Forint (FV 50 cents or €0.30) as a 1 Euro coin as they were similar size and shape.

More halfcrown craziness, a New Zealand 1943 in full EF condition (This means I only need 33 and 35 to finish pimping my halfcrown collection)

A 1929 British halfcrown - another stunning coin to join its quarter millenia older brother! This one is descrbed as EF/gEF and looks the part. Practically no wear and very economic as many dates in this series are expensive and hard like 1930. The coin may have saw little use as in 1934 it was replaced by the New Zealand series, but this coin could have been straight from the UK too.
(NZ dated coins from 1933 actually emerged only between Nov 29 1933 for Halfcrowns and through 1934 for the others, the Florin only arrived in July 1934).

A Palestinian 50 Mils, want to complete this set and realise most dates (Especially the silver coins) are very expensive and fortunate to get 1935 (Common date) relatively cheap in EF condition - its a nice and historic coin!

Backs - the Halfcrowns have slight marks and 50 Mils is toned, but still looks nice.

Be even happier when the 1670 coin arrives!
I love coins
Moldavia and Wallachia - 2 Para 3 Kopeecks

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces7617.html
Got these in a swap with my friend in Estonia yesterday, he runs a coin shop there.

Apart from a few great numista members that I've negotiated swaps with it's been quite disappointing to see what people are here for, it seems that the majority of people here (atleast the ones that I've come across) are vendors who try to swap junk they cannot sell or who try to trade very low grade coins as "Fine" grade for something better.

I don't mind people who have nothing in their list that clearly isn't what I'm looking for but these people who are obviously trying to swap low grade junk that they got in a bulk lot for expensive coins that are easy to sell, I feel like a lot of people here get swindled without realizing it.

Also, I've noticed that many people here try to swap coins that are very cheap locally but which krause catalogue overvalues significantly to make profit from swapping.
This applies especially to Russian an pre-independence Finnish coins and I really hope that people will submit more entries to numista values because in my opinion that's scamming people into thinking that they're making a good deal as they have no reputable sources for checking how much the coins are really worth.

​​​​​​Anyways, enough with the rant.

Here are the fruits of my trade:

I received those French assignats in the mail today but everything else is from yesterday's swap.

I've been looking for this particular coin for a while now, I'm going to Latvia with my friend later this month for a numismatic meeting and I should be able to buy old soviet silver coins in bulk there.

Apparently a huge hoard of uncirculated silver kopecks were found in Latvia sometime ago and the person who originally acquired this lot is coming over to the meeting.

Some roubles and kopecks of Nikolai II.

That's all for now, more next week!
--------
--------
Received this week:

This is a countermark generally believed to be that of a Port-of-Spain barber named François Declos. The place is right, but the trade and the name are both wrong. Fred Pridmore dated it to the period 1854─1874 but I think 1854 is a little too early, though there is no way to know exactly when "FD" started to stamp his initials on copper coins.
₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€.
My brother who lives in Kyrgyzstan, sent me some coins for Christmas. 3 coins from Kyrgyzstan, and a set of 17 coins from Uzbekistan that includes the least valuable legal tender in the world, the 1 Tiyin, worth about 1/2000 of a US penny, but is still legal tender. Such a great brother, he gifted me the most worthless thing in existence!

Don't really feel like taking pictures right now. But here's an article
https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21572359
Quote: "sc.rednek"​... and a set of 17 coins from Uzbekistan that includes the least valuable legal tender in the world, the 1 Tiyin, worth about 1/2000 of a US penny, but is still legal tender. Such a great brother, he gifted me the most worthless thing in existence!

​dont know how is exactly in english but "little things hide great treasures" ??
New page created)
Dang - Jani Beg Khan - Saray al-Jadida mint year 746 (1346)

Medieval sets for swap:https://en.numista.com/forum/topic140941.html

My personal list of scammers from Numista: erniemix, yvain, CassTaylor
Went yesterday to an antique market in Santiago de Compostela and bought a few coins

After spending like 2 hours searching in a box i came home with this

As you can see i didn't manage yet to get off the prices by now but I will start soon.

The seller was an enlish gentelmen; I even had time to practice a bit of speaking with him ?

I am hoping to be back this afternoon and maybe swap with him (I asked him yesterday and he had no problem giving a look to what I have) wish me luck!

For a few euros at my local flea market...
Gaulois réfractaire –
Membre de l'APDTABDFM (Amicale Pour la Défense des Tranches A et B sur les Dix Francs Matthieu).
First buys of the new year.

Buying gold and electrum coins 700bc-1950ad
Muenzenhamster is a healthy part of our community and should not be censored
The Halfcrown madness continues.

I just won and paid for these bad boys tonight

1825 - George IV gFine/aVF (Much better than it looks)

1893 Victoria Old head Halfcrown (VF - gVF) first year of this design.

Fingers crossed, as I am bidding on a 1746 Lima Halfcrown.
I love coins
Received the above 2 today and my last purchase for a record January (Copping 9 Halfcrowns and 8 of them are eminently collectors pieces - the 9th was a good laugh)

It's a LIMA halfcrown from 1746. The same year as Culloden, but Lima is when Captain Anson of the English royal navy captured the Spanish silver fleet (Don't you love good old state sponsored piracy) and took the silver and Gold back to England to be made into coins.

The King was so pleased he allowed the word Lima to be placed on various silver coins dated 1745 and 1746.

It is a significant coin too, as its the last fairly easy to get half crown until 1816. There were a few more issues between 1747 and 1751, but after that, Britain saw a silver coin crisis with patchy issues of silver and copper until 1816.

Not the greatest condition (gVG to aFine - still acceptable), but for under $100 it was a good buy and historic.
I love coins
Got this beauty from Lycia today!

Lycia, ⅓ stater, 380-360 BC
Obverse: Lion's head
Reverse: A trikelion with "Perikle" written around in Lycian language
Gibraltar - 5 Pounds 1999 - Millenium

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces27559.html
My first and only Titanium coin.
Quote: "ngdawa"​Got this beauty from Lycia today!

Lycia, ⅓ stater, 380-360 BC
​Obverse: Lion's head
​Reverse: A trikelion with "Perikle" written around in Lycian language
:love:
ROMAE AETERNAE
Only these five additions all month ...

'France Jeton Token 1674 City of Nancy - NON INULTUS PREMOR'

'Ten Pence Blank/Planchet intended for coinage but not struck with dies'

'An old coin with thistle on front - worn condition - 24mm diameter'

'A 1811 One Penny Token - worn condition unable to make out much detail - 34mm diameter'

'Vintage White Metal Medallion - P. Cornel · Scipion Lafriquain'
Quote: "ZacUK"​ Only these five additions all month ...

​'An old coin with thistle on front - worn condition - 24mm diameter'

​Almost certainly, its a bawbee from Scotland of Charles II (6d Scots = ½d English)

Either this coin, or the one below it - Obv 1 or 3
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces180056.html

The only other possibility is a similar coin of W3 dated 1695, but his bust looks more delicate.

The coin is listed as being 25mm, but I think theres a half bawbee at 20mm if its smaller.

Always love your tokens and coins!
I love coins
Received this coin in the post this morning.

Gibraltar ½ Crown 2020 Dame Vera Lynn commemorative

Words from her's and World War II's most famous song. We'll Meet Again
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
For all you banknote collectors. Link to my swap list.
https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/list/swap_list/COINMAN1
Some cheap coins from the local antique shop and the newest hungarian coin
Quote: "Moneytane"
Quote: "ZacUK"​ Only these five additions all month ...
​​

​​
​​'An old coin with thistle on front - worn condition - 24mm diameter'
​​
​​

​​Almost certainly, its a bawbee from Scotland of Charles II (6d Scots = ½d English)

​Either this coin, or the one below it - Obv 1 or 3
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces180056.html

​The only other possibility is a similar coin of W3 dated 1695, but his bust looks more delicate.

​The coin is listed as being 25mm, but I think theres a half bawbee at 20mm if its smaller.

​Always love your tokens and coins!
​Certainly a Charles II Bawbee. It's the only copper coin to bear his portrait.
some variety all in January

4 reales of Napoleonic Spain well worn and ill treated but good details and an interesting chapter of history

some Paris minted Morocco dirhams, the big one is ex-jewelry and has been polished endlessly but has nice details and is a very pleasing big crown

some paper money from French Algeria

two odd things, a worn but still interesting half dollar, a new date for me 00-O
and a six pence was given out as party favors at a birthday, said to be a British tradition.
I just got 2 pieces of 2 kronor dates 2019 in change. :)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 08:02.