Question for a coin from St.Laurent-du-var

4 messages • Vu 109 fois
Hello,
I am from Germany...sorry I don't speak france and my english is not so good but I have got a question for a coin and I hope that someone of you can help me. So, the coin is from St.Laurent-du-var...I can read on the coin: DIGO-LI QUE VENGON / AVRIL 1998 16 au 30 / 2 Euro
I can't find something about it on the Internet...maybe its fake coin?! Thanks for answer....
A local family, the Pisani, bought the seigneurial rights of the Bishop of Vence in 1698. They were lords of Saint-Laurent until the Revolution. The Laurentian community asked in 1696 for its inscription at the Armorial de France with the motto: Digo li que vengon (in Provençal: tells them they come) The proud motto of the little sentinel city sounds like a challenge to his potential attackers (;0, a kind of bravado linked to its old situation as a border town.
Design: Penin / J. Ponpanon
Material: Bimétal (Cupronickel / Laiton 36)
On obverse : the city shield

The first trace of the Saint-Laurent-du-Var armorial dates back to 1866 in Louis de Bresc's "Armorial des Communes de Provence". Its coat of arms looks like this: Gules to a silver grill, the chief handle accosted with capital letters L and S in gold.
The grill recalls the martyr of Saint-Laurent burnt alive according to legend. The letters L and S mean Laurentius Sanctus (Saint-Laurent).

On reverse : the city hall

This token is part of the multitude of euros tokens issued by french cities
During one month, traders in these cities exchanged francs with temporary euros. A kind of commercial animation like in the city of Dreux for the following temporary valid token
Referee of south atlantic islands
Hello

From 1992 to 1998, cities or organizations had the right to mint currencies under the future European currency. These currencies were legal tender and were exchanged at 6 francs fifty cents the ECU (or the euro). We bought bread in ecu and gave us change in francs and cents. It was fun, especially instructive, because it was to get the population used to this new currency.

Find this one for one euro on Numista
https://fr.numista.com/catalogue/index.php?mode=simplifie&p=1&l=&r=euro+saint+laurent+du+var&e=&d=&ru=&i=&ca=3&no=&se=&v=&m=&a=&t=&dg=&w=&u=&f=&g=&c=&tb=y&tc=y&tn=y&tp=y&tt=y&te=y&cat=y
bonsoir

you can translate with google if you want !

Afin de préparer la population à l’arrivée de l’Euro, des villes ou organismes ont eu le droit de battre monnaies de 1992 à 1998.
Ces euros ou écus temporaires ne pouvaient être utilisés que sur une période limitée.

https://numismativy.fr/dossier/euro_pieces/temporaires/sommaire_euros_temporaires.html
il faut absolument garder à l'esprit que quand une monnaie semble "fautée", dans plus de 99 % des cas, il s'agit soit d'une monnaie abimée, soit d'un bidouillage !

» Charte d'utilisation du forum

Le fuseau horaire utilisé est UTC+1:00.
L'heure actuelle est 17h27.