Selling Coins in Swap List?

3 posts • viewed 110 times
Hi -

I've been on numista for awhile now, made some really good swaps, and generally have a pretty good time. I really like the coin catalogue and rely on that almost every day for sorting my collection. This is why I use numista in the first place...

I started swapping coins here on a lark. I had a few hundred coins listed in my personal collection and started getting requests for them. At first I ignored the requests (I didn't have anything listed for exhange, just my personal collection), but then I gave it a try... Today I have about a thousand coins in my swap list and get a lot of requests, but it can be hard to negotiate a fair swap, pick the coins from my collection, pack everything, mail everything, and wait for the coins or banknotes in return. You know the drill, we've all done this. So even though I enjoy swapping, I just can't do it anymore.

So my question: has anyone here ever just sold off all the coins in their swap list? What's the best way to do that? I can't list a thousand individual coins for sale here, certainly can't photograph each of them, etc etc. I also do not use ebay at all.

I want my coins to go to a good home, preferably to a serious collector here on numista...

Let me know what you think and what you would do.

Thanks!
Depends on the coins. Selling thousands of high value coins for full price can take a very long time. Selling thousands of common circulated low value coins is in my experience easy. Put them in a few lots by country, continent or just a few mixed lots by weight and sell them as such. I sell such lots on a local auction house site but as far as I can tell they're popular on Numista too, just check the swaps and sales part of the forum. :)
I collect and deal in ancient Roman coin. In case you're looking for affordable ancient coins or need any help with the coins you already have send me a message.
Selling coins on Numista is tricky. A moody moderator might decide based on his mood that you are a felon, so be prepared for anything. :°

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 18:57.