Post NL changed the rules

13 posts • viewed 330 times

» Quick access to the last post

Dear Numismatic friends,

Due to the upgraded control of letters world wide, Post NL changed it's rules concerning international shipments (inside EU and/or overseas).
Since january the 1st all letters containing something more than paper will be accounted as an international parcel shipment. The costs are 10 euro (no track & trace) just a barcode to identify the parcel.

https://www.postnl.nl/campagnes/internationaal/verandering-regelgeving/

Money is not the problem, but the control of all parcels world wide is. The post controllers world wide need to send and get a form (description of what's inside) and the value of the parcel in advance. A wrong description is punished by law and can lead to fee's and/or destruction of the parcel.

Concerning letters/parcels inside the Netherlands there wont be any control in advance, all remain the same.
I have no idea of this also applies to your country.

In other words be aware of these developments. It's up to you what you decide to do. From now own I only will swap inside the Netherlands. Swaps in person are always a possibility.
Cents are money too!
Yes sadly it is starting all over the world. The mail cost is making not worth it. The last two I sent to the UK,a few years back. Were around 20 US dollars and they did not even make it. Iam in your shoes. In country only now. Iam going to over seas on few more.
It is, what it is, or is it.
In Germany we are dealing with this problem since the beginning of 2019. But up to now no additional forms are nedeed if we are sending in the EU. The costs are increased, thats uncomfortable and leads to bigger or no swaps.
Sad- but seems slowly our nice exchanging channel is shutting down.
Every single coin on the world should meet its collector!
Mmmm, I guess I started my banknote collection just in time. To bad, I think I have a nice collection of coins and like to keep adding to it but not at this expense. I live in Germany and since postage regulation changed last year I've been just putting my coins in an envelope and putting it in a mailbox, they've all made it so far, but now?
Any German swappers out there? You want to swap? :°Or Americans, I have an American mail box over here so the Postage would be the same as mailing within the USA.
Have a nice day everybody. We'll work something out I'm sure.
American collector living the life in Germany
This is so stupid. I never understood why they asked you what's inside in the first place when they can find out so easily. x.

I guess no swaps with fellow Dutch collectors anymore.
Kind regards,
Andrei
Very true! I found thisproblem in the US for the last few years.

Any international mail I send the postal clerk asks what's inside.

If I say "letter" - OK, no problem.

If I say "coins" or "gift" - they demad a customs form.

To "beat the system" I send a few coins in each letter.

On big swaps I might send two or three letters.

It's $1.15 per letter but no forms or questions.

I also use a greeting card and envelope for packaging.

That gives the coins some protection. So far so good!
If I understand correctly.....
I send a package of coins to you from Thailand. Before the package arrives in the Netherlands, Thailand is responsible for informing Dutch post what is in the package before it arrives there. If I say it's research materials and Dutch post doesn't agree when it arrives than the recipient "goes to postal jail". 5555 Is that correct?

I guess next time you having an unwanted stack of banknotes and you coming back to Thailand coincide we will have to make our next trade at that point.

ฉันหวังว่าคุณจะมีสุขภาพดี
Quote: "blue-m"​If I understand correctly.....
​I send a package of coins to you from Thailand. Before the package arrives in the Netherlands, Thailand is responsible for informing Dutch post what is in the package before it arrives there. If I say it's research materials and Dutch post doesn't agree when it arrives than the recipient "goes to postal jail". 5555 Is that correct?

​I guess next time you having an unwanted stack of banknotes and you coming back to Thailand coincide we will have to make our next trade at that point.

​ฉันหวังว่าคุณจะมีสุขภาพดี

​Exactly, the Thai post office needs to send a form in advance.
Next time that I'll be in the neigboorhood we can swap again.

โชคดี นะ "chok dee na" ดูแล ตัวเอง ดีๆ นะ ครับ "duu lae dtua eend dee dee na krab"
Cents are money too!
Quote: "Mitroipa"​This is so stupid. I never understood why they asked you what's inside in the first place when they can find out so easily. x.

​I guess no swaps with fellow Dutch collectors anymore.
The international shipment rules are the same world wide. Doesn't matter at all where you are nor to where you sent your coins neither. Concerning the new rules, letters only contain paper. May letters have something else inside than they become a parcel to which a form is needed.
Cents are money too!
I believe you are taking about CN 22 /23 declaration form ,If that is the case then it's nothing new ,I am using it from my first swap since 2017 and it's used in many countries ,we mention "Hobby supplies " !! With no problem.
coin collector.....
Quote: "arvin11"​I believe you are taking about CN 22 /23 declaration form ,If that is the case then it's nothing new ,I am using it from my first swap since 2017 and it's used in many countries ,we mention "Hobby supplies " !! With no problem.
​Well the problem is, as I mention before, the new rules concerning letters and parcels.
Use can only use letters to send papers, may you insert other materials ( as example: leather, metal, plastic) than it becomes a parcel and than other rules are applied. The form is one of them, as well as the right to open a parcel in order to check what's inside. Besides that the post costs increased too (at least 10 euro ).

Positive is that you get a barcode (no track and trace). So you can prove that a letter has been sent.
Cents are money too!
Quote: "Dutchgalego"
Quote: "arvin11"​I believe you are taking about CN 22 /23 declaration form ,If that is the case then it's nothing new ,I am using it from my first swap since 2017 and it's used in many countries ,we mention "Hobby supplies " !! With no problem.
​​Well the problem is, as I mention before, the new rules concerning letters and parcels.
​Use can only use letters to send papers, may you insert other materials ( as example: leather, metal, plastic) than it becomes a parcel and than other rules are applied. The form is one of them, as well as the right to open a parcel in order to check what's inside. Besides that the post costs increased too (at least 10 euro ).

​Positive is that you get a barcode (no track and trace). So you can prove that a letter has been sent.
​Ok so its bit Canada bit UK ,I mean Canadian Post treat anything other than paper by post as Parcel ,I was very surprised when my first swap letter containing coins was held by Parcel department of Post luckly they released after my explanation and Numista proof that coins are not purchased but swapped as hobby (The Parcel department open each package to determine whether the sender is evading any import Taxes by giving false declaration )and my swap from UK never get Tracked by track&track the letters have barcodes sticker looks like stamp. I guess there would be no big problem due to change of rules only as you said the cost of sending will effect.
coin collector.....
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 17-May-2020, 07:49)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 02:43.