1 PFENNIG ERNST I COUNTY OF SOLMS-LICH 1562/1590 [solved]

12 posts • viewed 151 times

» Quick access to the last post

WEIGHT 0,2 gr
DIAMETER 13 mm

Hello,
 I am a Spanish collector of coins per years. I look for exchanges with others collector, I am in the habit of using the valuation of the catalogue krawse for the changes, but I am opened for any other offer.
the center of the second picture is blurred.
Can you provide a sharper picture please
thanks
Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften
I send a new scan with twice the resolution. The coin is concave and appears to be struck on one side only

Hello,
 I am a Spanish collector of coins per years. I look for exchanges with others collector, I am in the habit of using the valuation of the catalogue krawse for the changes, but I am opened for any other offer.
can you make a picture with your cellphone?
Scanning is indeed out of focus.

bracteates aree indeed single sided
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracteate
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften
Probably a Schüsselpfennig.
A type of Uniface Pfennig coin with the name schüssel for bowl, shape that happened on the way these where struck.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
picture with your cellphone

Hello,
Still difficult to see,
I seem to see three letters over 4-fold arms,
Later 16th century coin I would guess and probably German.
can you decipher the three letters?
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Maybe this one? The upper letters seem to match

Hello,
Well spotted, images on the coin sheet are even mine https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces162932.html
Quote: "apuking"​Still difficult to see,
​I seem to see three letters over 4-fold arms,
​Later 16th century coin I would guess and probably German.
​can you decipher the three letters?

C S L

The first two look good, the third not so much
Hello,
Thank you very much for your help
Hello,
Status changed to Solved (coinsmcr, 15-Mar-2020, 10:13)
perhaps this?
http://saurma.info/1/1152.htm

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 07:31.