Unusual Display is a Tribute to my father

16 posts • viewed 333 times

» Quick access to the last post

Hello, I put together an unusual display to honor my Father. Just thought Id share and give you guys something different to look at. Some of the elements were hard to obtain and have meaning.
Please do not be offended by the bullets or shells, it is a Military tribute.

Top left to right
12 Gague Shell, 5oz Copper Penny Replica, Silver Money Clip, 60 Cal Shell, Military Dog Tag, 2oz Buffalo Replica, Two Pound USA Iron Round, One Pound USA Titanium Round, 12 Gauge Shell, 5oz USA Magnesium Round, 7oz Zirconium Cube, Arrow heads, 1oz Zinc Bar, Metal Driver License, 1oz Indium Bar, SSC Metal ID, 1oz Nickel Bar, MailBox Key, Arrow Heds, Damascus Knife
Centered 5 x TWO POUND COPPER BARS
Centered 5 x ONE POUND TITANIUM BARS
Quote: "FLcoinguy"​Hello, I put together an unusual display to honor my Father. Just thought Id share and give you guys something different to look at. Some of the elements were hard to obtain and have meaning.
​Please do not be offended by the bullets or shells, it is a Military tribute.

​Top left to right
​12 Gague Shell, 5oz Copper Penny Replica, Silver Money Clip, 60 Cal Shell, Military Dog Tag, 2oz Buffalo Replica, Two Pound USA Iron Round, One Pound USA Titanium Round, 12 Gauge Shell, 5oz USA Magnesium Round, 7oz Zirconium Cube, Arrow heads, 1oz Zinc Bar, Metal Driver License, 1oz Indium Bar, SSC Metal ID, 1oz Nickel Bar, MailBox Key, Arrow Heds, Damascus Knife
​Centered 5 x TWO POUND COPPER BARS
​Centered 5 x ONE POUND TITANIUM BARS
​Very Nice!!!
Thank you for sharing.
My Father passed away a few months ago, and was a Naval officer that fought the Japanese in WWII.
He was a great man and loved learning more every day.
I gave up a lot to be with him and Mom for the last few years, but I got so much in return.
Spend time with family and honor them.
They may not be perfect, but they are much better than some of the strangers we have to abide.
A smart man learns from his mistakes.  A smarter man learns from someone else's.
Exactly what Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull told me a few years ago ;-)

By the way, my comment seems to be a little be xenophobic, isn't it ?
Vieille Pile
Quote: "VieillePile"
​Exactly what Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull told me a few years ago ;-)

​By the way, my comment seems to be a little be xenophobic, isn't it ?
​I'm confused by your post. feel free to explain.
A smart man learns from his mistakes.  A smarter man learns from someone else's.
Your last sentence seems to breach the forum policy and I attempted to suggest it politely to you.
Vieille Pile
Quote: "Kurt53"
Quote: "VieillePile"
​​Exactly what Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull told me a few years ago ;-)
​​
​​By the way, my comment seems to be a little be xenophobic, isn't it ?
​​I'm confused by your post. feel free to explain.
​The sentence suggests that you have to tolerate strangers - meaning people foreign to war mongering Americans and/or people not American.

[edit vp: non compliant]
I love coins
Thanks Moneytane for your help.

I nevertheless allow myself to moderate somewhere ;-)

Ka ora, mate, take care to you and your family,
Vieille Pile
I'm a recluse, where does this leave me?
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
The other day I went to the store for a few groceries. As I started to pull into a parking space I was thwarted by someone that had thoughtlessly abandoned their shopping cart in the lot rather than return it to its rightful place.
As I walked towards the entrance, I saw that someone decided to protect their vehicle from others by taking up two parking places.
While in the store, I had to ask one of the employees to check the price of an item, because the label on the shelf didn't match the product, and was told, “I don't know, I didn't stack this shelf.”

So when I posted, “They (my parents) may not be perfect, but they are much better than some of the strangers we have to abide.” I did not expect to be accused of having violated forum policy and being a war monger.

Actually, I like people of every nation. But some baffle me.
The problem here is "strangers" means "foreigners" translated in to some languages.
In English as used in the States, it applies to anyone one doesn't personally know.

nice tribute and collection, by the way.
i have some of my dads collected curios in a metal Chock-full-o-nuts can that is itself a relic of that generation.
Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac
Hi Kurt,

Sorry for having being perhaps a little bit to quick to trigger.

I am rather bored with racist comments. I grew myself in Algeria in the late 60' and I perfectly remember what the result is being surrounded by racists. I nevertheless had very good local friends. I encountered that in other countries too.
And I have the feeling that in all people and culture, you have idiots, lazy and good guys. It is more a question of education or adaptation to the place you are living in.

Ancients used to say "when in Rome, do as the romans do". And perhaps it is an advice many forget.
Vieille Pile
No problem VieillePile.
If that is your biggest failing in life, I'd say you're doing better than I am.
Thanks Kurt.

(btw, I have done worst :wiz: )
Vieille Pile
First I should just keep my mouth closed. But here it goes. "war mongering Americans" Iam sorry to say that is very few of us. We are acting just like Europe did 200 to 400 years ago. We did learn from the finest. We are still young and changing. I would say early New Zealanders were very much war mongers. To the native people.

And ViellePile did Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull say thank you to the French for teaching native Americans how to scape someone. They introduce it in the French Indian war with the English. As a way to get money for poof they killed someone. Iam finding a lot of this in very bad taste.
FLcoinguy very nice to honor your father. I found that very touching.
It is, what it is, or is it.
It has been said that wars are fought for gold, God and guns.
Their centers of control reside in the three independent city states The Crown, The Vatican and Washington DC.

People generally do not want war. It is incredibly hard, dangerous and unpleasant in every way. And the pay is low.
If you want to discuss waging war and whom is responsible, you should have this information in your mental tool kit. Please don't presume you already know this, or believe that you don't need to know this. Give it a glimpse, and you will know if you have this information or not.

All Wars Are Banker's Wars

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:16.