Premium account

44 posts • viewed 1373 times

» Quick access to the last post

Hello,

Numista just introduced a paid premium account, offering the following benefits:
  • Increase the storage for the pictures of your coins and banknotes to 10 GB
  • Browse Numista without advertising
  • Support Numista financially

This is a reply to 2 topics which have been discussed over the past few months:
  • The current limit of 500 MB for personal pictures was set to avoid filling the disk space of Numista too quickly and hence avoiding extra cost. This limit may be too low for some big users of Numista.
  • A financial support would allow me to invest more in Numista, including maybe working on it full-time, and rely less on advertising.

I'm convinced that all Numista features should be accessible for everyone and hence should be kept free. This will still be true for future features. The premium access is intended to include only options which involve a higher operating cost and it is completely optional.
Xavier,
Happy to support with a premium account and just tried to pay, but got a message that there was a error and to contact postmaster@numista.com. Is the payment function operational yet?

UPDATE: My credit card shows the charge went through.
Thanks a lot for your support! The payment went through but it didn't upgrade your account. I'm checking the issue.
The issue is fixed. You now have a premium account :)
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Not a problem. Thank you!
Would it be possible to add an option to pay for a full year?
maxbe at a very slightly lower price, example 55€ instead of 60.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Quote: "apuking"​Would it be possible to add an option to pay for a full year?
​maxbe at a very slightly lower price, example 55€ instead of 60.
​Yes, that should be possible.
​It is now possible :)
You save the cost of 1 month and I save the time of 11 months for accounting ;)
I'd love to financially support this community by getting a premium account, but I don't have a creditcard. Would it be possible to add support for PayPal or just a bank transfer?
They say "Pecunia non olet", but I know better...
Quote: "smvdbrink"​I'd love to financially support this community by getting a premium account, but I don't have a creditcard. Would it be possible to add support for PayPal or just a bank transfer?
​Hello smvdbrink ,
Thanks for your support! I'm checking for SEPA bank transfer. Could iDEAL also work for you?
iDeal sure works!
Unfortunately neither Paypal, SEPA transfer or iDEAL can be integrated easily at the moment.
I paid the $6 for the extra storage as a 'trial' as I have many more coins than the allotted space accommodates. Once I 'upgraded', all of my coins were moved from my World Coins folder to Banknotes - every coin. So I click Edit, change back to World Coins, save, and check it again - still in Banknotes. Additionally, I cannot add any pictures! I was very frustrated and cancelled the Premium Upgrade and everything went back to normal. So I guess I just gave away $6 - more importantly, I cannot use the extra features I paid for. What Gives?!?

I was very excited when I stumbled upon this site and have been adding coins since Feb of this year - I would love to continue with the added option of more space for pictures. I'm hoping this issue can be resolved as I'm sure I would be a long-term subscriber to this site (probably opting for the annual subscription). Please Help!
Hello,
I'm sorry for what happened. I'm surprised that the premium account had any impact on your collections, I will check further what happened. In the meantime I just refunded your payment, the refund will arrive on your bank account within maximum 10 days.
Quote: "Xavier"​Hello,
​I'm sorry for what happened. I'm surprised that the premium account had any impact on your collections, I will check further what happened. In the meantime I just refunded your payment, the refund will arrive on your bank account within maximum 10 days.
​Thank you for the prompt response! I would be willing to try the Upgrade again as long as everything is in working order - not sure if the fact that I'm using a Mac has any impact on the functionability (but I would think not).
Well - I took a chance and tried it again as I am eager to continue adding coins with pictures. However, I've gotten the same result. When I pull up only my Wolrd Coins folder, everything is listed as Banknotes. Also, I still cannot add any pictures. I will not cancel the Upgrade yet so that you may more easily ascertain what the problem might be. I'm hoping it can be resolved soon so I can continue adding to my collection. I am using the 'drag and drop' method to add pics which has been working fine - except with the Upgrade, when I drag and drop the pic in the box, the pic just enlarges to full size (covering entire screen) and all options (save, etc.) are non-existent. I have to hit the 'back' arrow to get back to the edit screen and there's no pic in the box. I hope this helps (see pic below).

Here's the Edit screen before dragging pic.....

and after....

​What is your default folder?
Griffindian,
Thanks for your trust! I was not able to reproduce the issue so far. Could you please advise which version of Safari you are using?

Update: I was able to reproduce on Safari 10.1. I'm still investigating...
Hopefully the issue should be fixed. Could you please confirm that it works for you?
It seems to be working! I really appreciate your attention to this matter and research required to remedy the situation - Best customer service I've had in a long time! If I have any other issue (which I don't anticipate), I will let you know.

Thanks Again!
Just seen an advertisement on the right-hand part of the main menu ...

for the Premium Account. :)
I purchased a one-month Premium Account subscription recently and I was just wondering what happens to my pics if I forget to renew the subscription in time?
Hello,

The premium subscriptions are renewed automatically every month (I'll update the page to make it clearer), so there is no risk of forgetting to renew unless your credit card expires. You need to explicitly request to terminate your subscription in your account settings.

For the moment I did't put in place any mechanism impacting your pictures if you terminate your subscription. As long as there are very few premium accounts, it's not a priority for me.
You just won't be able to store new pictures if you are already above the quota for regular accounts. Probably I'll put in place a mechanism so you'll have one month to download the pictures before they are deleted to reach the lower quota.
Great - Thanks for the concise and clear explanation!
Hi Xavier,

I still find advertisements between my search results... are they also going to be removed?

Best,
Carsten
Quote: "caesar1990"​I still find advertisements between my search results... are they also going to be removed?

​I'm sorry for that. It's fixed.
Now the ads are gone with a premium account, would it be possible to use the space on the right more efficiently? It would give more space for information, for instance on the My Coins page.

Signed up, thanks for all the hard work by all involved in Numista.
Thank you pearcem12!

Smvdbrink, I plan to update the overall design of Numista, I'll make sure this is taken into account for the new design.
This site just continually improves! ;)
Back to this again......

Well - I took a chance and tried it again as I am eager to continue adding coins with pictures. However, I've gotten the same result. When I pull up only my Wolrd Coins folder, everything is listed as Banknotes. Also, I still cannot add any pictures. I will not cancel the Upgrade yet so that you may more easily ascertain what the problem might be. I'm hoping it can be resolved soon so I can continue adding to my collection. I am using the 'drag and drop' method to add pics which has been working fine - except with the Upgrade, when I drag and drop the pic in the box, the pic just enlarges to full size (covering entire screen) and all options (save, etc.) are non-existent. I have to hit the 'back' arrow to get back to the edit screen and there's no pic in the box. I hope this helps (see pic below).
Can someone please fix my account so I can once again add pics to my entries? There was an initial problem (see further up in the thread), however, that was correct and everything was working fine until yesterday. When I try to 'drag and drop' a pic, it's doing the same thing again. I am currently a member of the Premium Account. Please help!
Hello Griffindian,
I'm sorry for this issue and I'm looking for a fix. In the meantime, you may want to try another browser.
Thank You!
You should also try and edit your pictures a bit especially if you plan to upload most or all of your coin pictures and you have a big collection.
An example THIS picture is ~700kB (1.4MB for both sides => ~7000 items with premium)
but it has much unnecessary background and the focus is so bad that you could reduce the resolution quite a lot without loosing much information.
By cropping and lower resolution THIS version is ~100kB (200 for both sides => ~50,000 items).
Better picture taking technique and cropping would result in improved quality pix and still less needed space for ~30k items.
Ok thanks for the tips - I have not used photo editing software much but I will make an effort to do so.
Hello,

Griffindian, I'm having difficulties with reproducing the issue. Could you please advise whether it is working better when using the new design of Numista? If not, could you please remind me which version of Safari you are using?

smvdbrink, you may want to try the new design, which has no blank space in place of ads for premium account users.
Can someone please tell me how to update my payment method? My card has been replaced and I need to update before the next billing cycle.
Hello Griffindian,
There is currently no way to update your payment method. I should implement this functionality soon, but I'm not sure it will be on time for your next payment. As an alternative, you can wait for the end of your current period, terminate your premium subscription and subscribe again with your new card. Be assured that none of your pictures will be lost in the process. Feel free to contact me in case you face any issue.
Quote: "Xavier"​Hello Griffindian,
​There is currently no way to update your payment method. I should implement this functionality soon, but I'm not sure it will be on time for your next payment. As an alternative, you can wait for the end of your current period, terminate your premium subscription and subscribe again with your new card. Be assured that none of your pictures will be lost in the process. Feel free to contact me in case you face any issue.
​Hi
I am not there yet, but maybe a quick fix would be multiple credit card options, with only one primary and being billed on.
LP
Only just noticed this. Subscribed!

Ps. GBP users are paying more than all the others :(
Quote: "oggy"​Ps. GBP users are paying more than all the others :(
​Probably because of Brexit 0:)
Quote: "Griffindian"​Can someone please tell me how to update my payment method? My card has been replaced and I need to update before the next billing cycle.
​Hello Griffindian,
You can now update your payment method. Go to your account settings, then "Manage my premium subscription" and click on "Change" under "Method of payment".
Xavier, some ideas for the premium account.

What about an extra line in the menu were you could add a favorite threads button (like a discusion or a thematic thread), a direct link to any of the sections of the forum because you spent all your time on the forum in Free discusion or trying to help others in ID section and you dont mind the others (saving at least 2 clicks) and what about an improved Journal of my collection?

Dont know if this would be dificult to implement though (8
Se queres ca muller che queira, ten diñeiro na carteira

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 02:14.